FreelanceNerd

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Protest Update

The Technical Director of one of my customers phoned just before lunch to see if he could drop in this afternoon to catch up. Being the rebel that I am, I decided to tell him that I was going to a protest and would he like to join me (actually, no I didn't do that, I said, "Of course I'm available this afternoon, when were you thinking of?") He said between 1pm and 3pm, and I then got a phone call at 4:45pm explaining that there had been a delay, whereupon we decided between us that it wasn't really worth his making the 30-45 minute drive to my house and we'd meet another time.

As if that wasn't enough, St. Tony was so scared that I'd be at Matthew Boulton College he decided it would be easier to give a press conference on the cash for peerages row instead.

All in all, a little frustrating for a would-be protester, but hey life goes on, eh?