FreelanceNerd

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bits and Pieces

A week is a long time in the life of a Freelancer. I got 15 days more work from a newish client last week, which I will be starting at some point in April. So, at the weekend I was in a celebratory mood, with friends coming round on Friday evening for Uno Extreme and Poker, although the rounds of Uno took so long it was after 1am by the time we could start Poker and we just couldn't sum up the energy for it (well, I am 30 next month...)

My cousin James was staying at mum and dad's for the weekend, just a few miles away, and Mrs. Freelancenerd and I met up with the family for an early Mother's Day meal at La Reserve in Sutton Park on Saturday lunchtime. Very nice it was too. I took James into Town for a drink in All Bar One on Saturday arvo, where we bumped into Murray who was back behind the bar after another term at Nottingham.

The highlight of the day, though, was a Feeder gig at the NEC Arena. See my Flickr pages for mobile phone pics taken there - it really was a fantastic atmosphere, although still not as good as the Ocean Colour Scene gig at the Birmingham Academy just before Christmas!

On the sport front, England won a Test Match in India for the first time in 21 years to level the series at 1-1. Roll on summer - can't wait for the cricket season to start!

Villa were involved in an excruciating bore-draw with Fulham, and David O'Leary seems to be well on his way to Public Enemy Number 2 (after Doug Ellis) at Villa Park.

This week is my financial year-end, so it's time to scrabble around for all the bills and invoices, etc, and get my books up to date before I send them off to the accountants on Friday - oh joy...